My name is Krista
and these are the crafty
adventures of one freckled girl :)

Who am I?

The world of blogging. It all started for me with livejournal. I was only in grade 9 when I started that journal and then I moved on to xanga. For the past couple years I've just been reading various blogs using bloglovin and have been so inspired to create a blog of my own. In the past, my blog posts were infrequent and only happened when something exciting happened. This time I hope it's different.

It all started in 2009. I wanted to make myself a bag. Something slouchy. Something boho. Something large that I could tote around to school and work. I saw a picture of a bag I liked and thought that I could make that and maybe even improve on it (Please note: I hadn't sewn for a very very long time). At the time, I was working as a summer student in a government office and when I brought in that first bag, I was pushed into the photocopy room where some cute ladies oooohhh and awww'd over what I had made. And the bag lady was born. During the course of the summer, a local photographer saw my pictures and offered up an exchange. She suggested a bag for photos. Who know that girl would become one of my closest friends and an awesome encouragement. the bag Lady grew and more people started wanting bags. All summer I would come home from work and head straight down to the basement where I created bag after bag (this of course was before I had a boyfriend ;).


My first custom bag order for one cute girl!

Since then, I've grown in my crafty-ness. Clutches, pencil cases and wallets have been added to the mix and so I thought it was time for a name change. I have a lot of freckles and owls are cute and wise (wise being something I would aspire to be) and while chatting with one of my good friends late last year, the name Freckled Owl came about.


My very first wallet.

Now here I sit, making bags for the summer before my last year of University. I opted to not look for a summer job this year (scary to be sure) and wait and see what the Lord can do with my little business. My vision for this blog is to document my crafty ways for the next three months. I've never had this much time to just craft and I am so looking forward to sitting in my cool (temperature wise of course...the walls or lack thereof are much to be desired ;) basement sewing room just creating whatever I like.

So who am I? I'm a 20 something University student who loves Jesus, enjoys sewing, has an uncanny knack for spending too much money on fabric and wool and who adores crafting.

I'll leave you with my most recent project.

Some nursing students from the class of 2012 are taking a trip to Belize on a Medical Mission Trip in 2012. I was asked to donate a bag for their raffle and this is what I came up with. Enjoy.


Clutch for Belize
 P.S. To view more of my work, become a fan of Freckled Owl on facebook by going to www.facebook.com/freckledowl . :) As soon as I have stock in my Etsy site, I will provide a like for that also!

Leave a Reply